In this policy the words ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ are used to refer to Fushimi Law Office. ‘You’ and ‘your’ refer to you as the person whose personal information Fushimi Law Office may collect and maintain.
We collect, use and disclose personal information relating to various individuals in the course of providing our clients with our legal advice, marketing our services and conducting our business. As a legal practice, protecting confidentiality of the information and privacy is fundamental to our professional relationships.
When we handle personal information, we comply with the Personal Information Protection Act of Japan (the “Personal Information Protection Act”) and other applicable laws and regulations.
This policy describes how we will handle personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
1 Collection of personal information
We collect and use the following personal information in order to provide our professional services to our clients and to operate and market our legal practice as set forth in “2. Purpose of use of personal information”.
The personal information we collect and maintain may include:
- your name;
- your address;
- your date of birth;
- your contact details (telephone number, email address etc.);
- information relating to your business;
- information about other parties that you may or intend to conduct business with; and/or
- any other personal information required for providing our legal services.
2 Purpose of use of personal information
We will use the collected personal information as necessary to achieve the following:
- performance of our legal services;
- provision of information relating to our legal services;
- Notification of workshops, seminars and other events, and our newsletters and other similar notices in relation to your interests;
- Correspondence to your inquiries;
- Posting columns anonymously on our webpage; and
- any other purposes necessary for the appropriate performance of our business (law firm business).
3 Storage and security of personal information
We handle all personal information we hold in an appropriate manner to protect it from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
All lawyers and staff of Fushimi Law Office are subject to confidentiality obligations and are bound by this policy.
4 Provision of personal information to third parties
We may provide personal information we collect to a third party in the following circumstances. With the exception of the following situations, however, we will not provide any personal information we acquire to a third party.
- provision after obtaining prior consent of the relevant person; or
- provision in accordance with the applicable laws, including, but not limited to the Personal Information Protection Act, and any other applicable regulations.
5 Requests regarding personal information
We will accept your request for disclosure, amendment and deletion of your personal information held by us in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
However, if we are not required to do so under the Personal Information Protection Act or any other relevant laws and regulations (for example, if your request does not satisfy the requirements under the Personal Information Protection Act or any other relevant laws or regulations), we may decline your request.
Please note that we may request payment of the reasonable fees for accessing your personal information to handle your request.
6 Inquiries regarding personal information
Our website uses technologies such as cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored by a viewer’s web browser when the viewer visits a website. Almost every website uses the cookie technology. Cookies may store certain information such as your IP address, information about the content you view, information you provide so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our website, and your preferences and settings. Cookies also help us provide you with customized content and speedy navigation through our website.
A viewer can manage or disable cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Since each browser works differently, please refer to the settings menu of your browser to change your cookie preferences.
This website (this “Website”) is operated by Fushimi Law Office. Please read the following disclaimers (the “Disclaimers”) carefully before using this Website. When you use this Website, you agree, or shall be deemed to have agreed, to the Disclaimers.
- The information provided on this Website is for general information purposes only, and the contents of this Website are not intended to constitute legal advice. You should not rely upon the information on this Website to make legal decisions.
- The contents and URL of this Website are subject to change or deletion at any time, without notice.
- Fushimi Law Office does not guarantee or warrant that the information and materials on this Website are accurate, current or complete. We will not be liable or in any way responsible for any loss, injury and/or damage arising or resulting from your access to or use of this Website.
- The Disclaimers are subject to change at any time and without notice.